Following on from the successful Janet Lancaster Memorial Run in October 2015, the 2300 Club are planning a similar event in memory of former club member Andy Mort.
The event will be called the Andy Mort Tour and will take place on the 22nd October 2016 and is a gentle run around Lancashire / Yorkshire. It is not a timed or competitive event and is classed by the MSA as a ‘Touring Assembly’ – for the layman that is code ‘for a leisurely scenic run in the country on proper Tarmac roads.’ … so no need for roll cages, sump guards, etc! There will be prizes for the correct route as well as best turned out car etc etc. The navigation is via Tulips from a supplied Road Book.
- Start & Finish venue will be the Best Western Mytton Fold Hotel (BB6 8AB)
- Morning route will be approximately 70 miles
- Lunch halt at Hawes (approx. 1 Hour)
- Afternoon route will be approximately 70 miles
To round off the day a few ‘driving tests’ will be performed at the finish venue.
- The Entry Fee will be in the region of £50 (2 people) which will include a light breakfast and buffet style super at the finish venue
- All makes and types of vehicles are welcome